Making the choice about which type of orthodontic aligner system you wish to have can be a difficult decision. Metal braces were at one point in time most widely accepted and used system available. Now, thanks to cutting-edge technology and the changing preferences in society, there are many types available to fit into your social life.
Below are a few of your choices and their benefits:
– Metal Braces: Metal braces typically are the most traditional and affordable pair. They can be color coded to match your style.
– Ceramic Braces: Cosmetic braces are similar to metal braces, but they are slightly less visible.
– Lingual Braces: Lingual braces offer the advantage of being extremely hard to spot, as they are attached to the back of the teeth, not the front.
– Invisalign® Clear Aligners: Invisalign aligners are often considered the premiere product in the orthodontic arsenal. They are not made of metal, are virtually invisible, and the aligners can be removed daily.
– Damon® Smile Braces: Damon braces are similar to metal braces, but do not require rubber bands. They are also easier to upkeep than traditional braces.
For a customized plan on which type of orthodontic aligners might be right for you, Yuma Orthodontics, Inc. is here to help serve you. If you would like to set up an appointment with our orthodontist, Dr. Joseph Wilson, please call us at 928-343-9559, to speak with a member of our fantastic staff. You can also stop by our office in Yuma, Arizona. Align your smile with a new set of bracers today!